Thursday 16 September 2010

Welcome!

Hello everybody and welcome to my blog! In August this year, I attended a two-week course in Cambridge about how to use the new technology in the language classroom. The course was aimed at exploring the potential uses of new technologies in language learning and it included among others:

  • New technologies
  • Using Moodle or other VLEs (Virtual learning environments)
  • Exploiting wikis and blogs
  • Blended learning
  • Computer mediated communication
  • Using the WWW
  • Using interactive whiteboards
  • Designing web pages using HTML/JavaScript, etc.
  • Designing your own webquests, games and activities
  • Getting your students to make their own podcasts
  • Messenger and other computer-mediated communication

I found the course very useful and interesting and I thought that by creating a blog on this subject, those of you who are interested in using the new technology during the English classes could get some ideas/tips that you could use with your students. We all know that the new generation is facinated by technology and by using it during the English classes the students could become more interested and engaged in the lessons.
Therefore, I plan to post information about how you can use various programmes and internet tools during speaking/listening/reading/writing activities, as well as useful links. If you need help or additional information, just let me know and I'll do my best to reply to your request as soon as possible.

Good luck!

2 comments: